Are you getting ready to dress like the flapper, or attending a party, or having dinner at the Downtown Abbey? Well, you need the perfect shoes. But finding the best vintage 1920s or 1940s t-strap heels retro that fit your feet perfectly can be a difficult task and time-consuming. With so many models and brands of the t strap heels vintage to choose from, you may end up with the wrong vintage shoes unless you know exactly what you are looking for. We have prepared this detailed buying guide to help you choose the right vintage style t strap heels that you love.
Have your feet measured, so you know your exact size – go to any department store that you desire and get your feet measured. Or if you are buying online, you need a tape measure to measure the bottom of the shoes from the heel to the toe along the curved arch.
Ensure you get the statistics for shoes with rounded toes and pointed toes because they will be different in size and fit.
1. Try your shoes at the end of the day - At the end of the day, believe it or not, your feet are more swollen and the size if your feet might have changed. Try the shoes on after walking around the house several laps, and you will get a picture of your real size.
2. Don’t be scared to walk around the shoe area with them – if you feel like the shoes are uncomfortable or a little bit tight, you can choose another pair. Your feet need to feel supported and balanced when wearing your heels.
3. Evaluate how your toes feel – find the heels which have ample space for your toes. Know that cramped toes, as well as shoes, will only cause pain if they are not wide enough. Almond toes and round toes offer much more room than classic pointy shoes.
4. Choose a heel height – the perfect heel height is from one to three inches. When you pick a heel over three inches, it changes the way you walk and puts more stress on your knees, lower back, and ankle.
5. Practice walking around the before thinking of taking your heels out – if they feel uncomfortable while wearing them around the house, you can return the shoes as long as you don’t wear them outside.
Different vintage heels are made from various materials that set them apart from the fashionable shoes.
When you are shopping for vintage t strap heels, ensure you inspect the materials used and decide which vintage t strap heels are worth investing. Materials used for vintage heels include:
1. Leather When it comes to heels made from genuine leather, they have the best chance of surviving for decades of retirement and tend to endure many years of wear. When shopping for vintage leather t strap heels, don’t be scared to bend the shoe and feel for any cracking or stiffness. Ensure you clean and condition it regularly to make sure it lasts for many years.
2. Suede Heels that are made from suede may not be held up over time as leather heels do, but if you find vintage suede heels which are in good condition, you have indeed found a treasure.
3. Rubber The heel taps and tips, as well as the entire sole of the vintage heels, are made from rubber. Before buying for any vintage heels, inspect the bottoms of the heels to see what the condition of the rubber is. If the rubber is dry, it is wise to replace the rubber heel tap.
This vintage t strap heel is a 2.5-inches stain shoe. The black Lucille heel features a spool heel which is 2.5-inches, not too high and is positioned directly under the heel that helps with the balance when dancing. These t strap heel retro features an adjustable buckle strap at the ankle which is very comfortable and can be stiffened hence the shoe barely moves when dancing. When it comes to the t-strap, I had no trouble at all. If you are a performer or even a dancer, these shoes are a perfect choice.
There t strap heels retro features a leather and rubber sole which is very comfortable and great when it comes to partying or even dancing. You will not experience any pain even after wearing them for long hours in your dancing session. And from the historical point of view, these vintage t strap heels do make the perfect finishing touch to the 1920’s outfit.
If you are looking for shoes to charm your way through every occasion, then these teardrop cut-out t strap mid heel dress Pumps are a perfect choice. These vintage t strap heel shoes feature an adjustable buckle closure that can match well with everything in your closet. These vintage t strap heel shoes are synthetic and imported.
They feature a synthetic sole that is very comfortable and ideal to wear when going out to dance. Exceptional shoes for the price and are very comfortable that I went dancing in them and didn’t need to take them off or even stop dancing because of pain. And there was no blister either even though I didn’t wear stockings. The platform of these vintage heels is approximately 0.25-inches.
These vintage heel shoes are 4-inches stiletto retro shoes that you don’t want to miss. These vintage shoes come in many sizes and colors allowing you to customize the style and the fit you desire.
These pumps feature textured rubber soles and faux suede uppers. The tapered high heels are complimented by rounded toes and t strap style. These vintage shoes fit perfectly and are very comfortable thanks to its slightly padded footbeds. The platform of these vintage style t strap heels is approximately 25-inches.
If you are looking for vintage shoes that make you look beautiful, natural, and comfortable, then Lucksender shoes are a perfect choice. These vintage shoes have patent leather which makes them outstanding among other vintage shoes. I bought these shoes to match with my 1940’s vintage dress, and they are great.
These shoes feature a strap buckle which saves time when it comes to buckling. I only need to place the buckle where I want it, and it slips on in place in front of the hook. Hence it is very convenient. These shoes are well made and have an excellent design. They are super classy and fits perfectly. The platform of these vintage heels is approximately 50-inches.
These vintage shoes are 3-inches synthetic heel shoes with an adjustable buckle closure. If you are looking for vintage shoes that will allow you enjoy a style of your own, then these women’s mid heel round to lace t strap dress pumps are a perfect choice. The heel of these shoe has a nice lift and is not too high, plus these shoes are very contented. I wore them all the day long when I received them to break them in, and there was no breaking needed.
These vintage shoes feature a synthetic sole that makes them very comfortable for dancing and ideal for any occasion. Also, they have an adjustable buckle closure that makes them easy to put on and take off. They have faux Nubuck and stitching details which make them an excellent choice for your wedding. The platform of these heels measures approximately 0.25-inches.
The winner of the best vintage t strap heels is Lucksender Fashion T-Strap Bows Women’s Platform High Heel Pumps Shoes. The Lucksender Pump Heels feature a platform of 50-inches which makes them the most comfortable heels.
They keep your foot in its natural flat position. These heels are characterized by rounded toes and a low cut front, plus they backless and have a single strap.